Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Happy 2 Week Birthday to Nati's Nine...

Hard to imagine that at this time 2 weeks ago only 3 of the nine had arrived into the world! And now two weeks have passed with so many changes. Nature is so amazing; in my life I have been lucky enough to watch many amazing births; I am a farm girl with a degree in Animal Science so it shouldn't be a surprise. Growing up we had hogs and cattle , rabbits, etc. so the statement Miss Scarlet, I don't know nothin' bout birthing no babies really doesn't hold for me. (If you don't know that comes from the classic movie Gone With the Wind". But every time there is a birth it is a new and amazing event no matter how many times you see it or are part of it and there can be many things that could go wrong.. It has been about 30 years since the last litter of pups were born here so I was excited but apprehensive about this litter - worried if I would remember what I needed to know - thank goodness I had some books and a good friend loaned me some others so I could refresh my memory.

The puppies are still working on getting their eyes opened, they attempt to walk on their wobbly legs, more spots appear daily and  they grow right before our eyes. They are so darn cute and fun to be around....there is nothing like a puppy!
Till next time.


No comments: