Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Transitions... and "I Know That ...When....! "

It is raining and dreary here. What crazy weather we have had this whole year, wettest spring I can remember ( we set all kinds of records) then it dried up and got hotter than heck( again set more records) for the summer and now when we are supposed to be transitioning into a nice Fall we are having the rain we should have gotten this summer... Ugh! And for the record I would prefer that we stop setting records and just have normal.

Speaking of transitions,we are starting to have major transitions in the Nati Plus Nine camp.... I think no matter how much Nati still wants to nurse that she may be a wits end...the pups teeth and size are starting to make it nearly impossible for her to get comfortable so we see the natural transition of her watching more from a distance, not staying as long, nurses standing up but in her time she does still lay down and let them have their way with her! :-) We have been supplementing the pups diet anyway several times a day so now an additional feedings will be added since it appears that Nati may be attempting to be slowly weaning the nine on her terms! We may soon also be making the transition from whelping box to the next stage setup within the next few days - we'll see; I'll write more when it actually happens.

I can't remember for sure but I think on one my first blog posts I may have commented that I knew that Nati was very, very pregnant when... she didn't want to jump on and snoop around the hay bales in the barn. I also had said to more than one person that I knew she was pregnant when she didn't want to jump in my arms anymore...! Those of you that read this that know Nati have seen her antics of jumping full front into my arms... not a trick I taught her, one she was born with I think! :-) Just like how she jumps high in the air like a jumping bean or Tigger from Winnie the Pooh. Also, something she came with... and we love. All I have to say is all future owners of her pups should be prepared she may have passed on these genes.! Well here are some current I know thats...
*I know that Nati is no longer pregnant and is feeling more like her pre-puppy self when she jumps in my arms! She did this for the first time since about the 3rd week of her pregnancy a day or two ago. :-)
* I know that Nati is no longer pregnant and starting to work herself back into shape when she jumps on top of a Hay Roll to survey the surroundings of the farm! Yesterday evening we walked passed the hay rolls and instead of being enthralled with the grasshoppers she decided to climb the hay roll. If you are a friend on facebook there is a picture of her doing this last summer/fall! :-)
Have a great day... and until next time.

No comments: